Monday, May 21, 2012

My Night In Dubai!!















Hello!

Our trip started in Dubai.  It was about a 15 hour flight with the sun out the whole time.  I sat next to an old Pakistani woman who spoke no English at all.  She got comfy with me right away because she slept on me about half of the way! And even though we spoke different languages we still communicated pretty good!

Flying over Dubai was amazing.  There was nothing but sand (because it is a dessert of course) then all of a sudden in the middle of it all pops up this huge developed oasis!  It was cray!  We landed only to find out that we didn’t have a hotel booked for us like promised to had to find our way to one and pay for it.  After exchanging our money to Dirhams, Ciara kept thinking that everyone wanted to cheat us and kept asking for a “hook up on Dirhams” from the desk clerk at the hotel.  We definitely got the stupid Americans look.  After checking in, the three of us took a night tour around the city and were amazing at all of the huge buildings and the cost of living. It is great to be able to say that I was in Dubai even for only 12 hours.  I think that is all I needed (and wanted) to be there.

Love,
Mal


No comments:

Post a Comment